Wednesday, March 25, 2020

My Journey With the Quran | How I Memorized it? Isra Mohammed Migdad

My Journey With the Quran | How I Memorized it?
Isra Mohammed Migdad

Bismillah.
It was a three-memorization stages I went through and I couldn’t have memorized the Quran by heart without the help of Allah the Almighty.
To begin, my very first steps in this journey started when my parents taught me the short chapters of the Quran when I was about four. I completed the last seven parts in my childhood years. My parents were my motivation and inspiration to learn and study the Quran. Along with my siblings, I used to memorize because of the gift that I’ll get after finishing the required chapters. However, by time, I was inclined to study it by my own, so I can learn more about its miraculous nature. Going three times every week to the Masjid to recite the portion I memorize before my teacher was a commitment to myself. My parents were full of inspiration trying all ways to teach us the Quran and the science of Tajweed in a very young age. I was only 13 when I learned the advanced Tajweed course, being the youngest with my sister, among all students (women in their forties and teachers in our neighborhood Masjids) back then. It was an outstanding experience to me, where I had the chance to recite the Quran in front of them all. Then, I was chosen to teach Science of Tajweed for children and old women in our local Masjid when I was 15. Truthfully, I am so full of gratitude and really thankful for my mom and dad who have paved the way for me in this journey. Learn quran online.
The second stage was when I joined the Quran camp (were students has to memorize the whole Quran in only 2 months) in my teenage years. I finished another seven parts in two weeks, where I had to memorize ten pages each day. I didn’t continue as I felt that I memorized too many verses without having time to look up for the unclear verses/ words that I come through, (we had to revise the pages we memorize at home. i.e full day memorizing and revising). Here, I preferred to return back to my normal way of memorizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment