Wednesday, March 25, 2020

The final stage was the most challenging and the most beautiful,

The final stage was the most challenging and the most beautiful, as I decided to complete the remaining parts of the Quran at home, by my own. I was busy, going to work 6 days a week, having some freelance work, studying my university courses with lots of research to do, the endless social visits/ events that I had to participate, and my many other personal activities and projects. Despite having everything I want, living a beautiful life, I realized that’s not what’s most important to me. That’s not my priority in life. Though I mostly never stopped reading my everyday Quran portion (I used to memorize/ revise verses/ chapters from time to time too), but I had to make a quantum leap in my life, that is to spend more time to study and learn the Quran. So I pledge myself to memorize it all, by sticking to a plan I wrote. And that was all I needed. A decision! I was done with the remaining 16 parts in about 9 months, alhamdulliah, and by this I became a Hafiz… And look, you too can be!!
Before I share the tips with you, let’s agree that there is NO ‘one size fits all’ steps/ tips for memorizing. So what you can do is pick what fits you and add anything that will help you if you are planning to memorize the Qur’an inshaAllah
I’ll explain in sequence.
Before memorization tips:
  • Be sincere and renew your intention.
  •  Be sincere and renew your intention.
  • Seek Allah’s help: when you plan, memorize, revise, lose motivation, lack understanding. Turn to him, they are His words and He alone can teach you them. Never underestimate the power of duaa in sujood.
  • Write down a list of your friends/ family members/ people who will be part of your project. Be it by encouraging or memorizing with you.
  • Say NO often: Cancel unnecessary meetings/ activities, cut back on things you are used to, in order to find more time to get into the mood and start memorizing. Learn quran online
  • Keep away from sins: And always repent if you once feel messed up! Remember that Allah is by your side and seek refuge with Allah from the accursed Satan and keep going. We are not perfect at the end and a sin will prevent you from continuing only if you insist, remember this!
  • Find a recitation/ Tajweed teacher: S/he will teach and help you recite the verses properly and follow up with you. Your teacher could be your mom, dad or siblings at home (if they can recite Quran with Tajweed).
  • Use one Mushaf – (Quran): So you can use a pencil to mark words and underline verses. Try to get a standard size Quran, not too big, that you can’t hold and take it everywhere you go, and not too small, that will be hard to memorize from, and you won’t be able to write on it.
  • Know your memorization style: Whether using sign-language, copying in a notebook, raising your voice while reciting, writing the beginning of every verse, walking around while memorizing, listening to a reciter and repeating after him. You choose the best technique, and of course you can use more than one, according to your mood, time, place, etc.
  • Set a flexible plan: It may seem the hardest part to some people. But if you do all the above points, I am sure everything else will be easy. A flexible plan means to have plan A and plan B. It means that you get to know your abilities and write down an action plan that suits you. It will be as easy as to say: “I will memorize one page every day after Fajr and another before I sleep/ after Ishaa.” Print out a schedule to follow up on your progress and that’s it!

No comments:

Post a Comment