Tuesday, October 13, 2020

 Do not be deceived by those who would lead a pleasant like by causing damage to you, and eat the good things of this world by causing the good things of your afterlife to disappear. And do not regard your power in this world, but look toward what will be your power when you are captive in the bonds of death, and forced to stand before God Most High in the company of the angels and prophets and apostles, and faces are turned to the Living and Self-subsisting One.


 


And I, O commander of Believers, though I have not attained by my rigors what prudent men attained before me, yet have not desisted from offering you solicitude and advice, sending you my letter as a doctor causes a beloved friend to drink disagreeable medicine, because he hopes to offer him health and soundness.


 


And peace be upon thee, O Commander of the Believers, and the mercy of God, and His blessing.”


Recorded by Ibn ‘Abd-Rabbiji (d. 328H / 940CE).



No comments:

Post a Comment